How do I reset my cisco Catalyst 2960 password?
Cisco 2960x Password Recovery Procedure
- STEP 1: Hold Down the Mode Button on the front of the switch.
- STEP 2: Power up the Switch whilst keeping the mode button held in.
- STEP 3: Let the mode button go at the right time and then enter a few commands.
- dir flash:
How do I enable password recovery?
To set up password recovery:
- Launch an Internet browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Enter the router user name and password.
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
- Select the Enable Password Recovery check box.
What is the process of performing password recovery within a switch?
Here is an easy way to physically perform a password recovery on a Cisco Catalyst Switch. Step 1: Connect your PC or terminal into the switch console port with the blue console cable. Step 2: Open up a Hyperterminal for emulation and set the speed to 9600 baud. Step 3: Unplug the power cable to the switch.
What is the default password for cisco 2960 switch?
The other device is turned on. and press Enter. When prompted, enter the default password, cisco. username field.
How do I reset my 2960 to factory settings?
Reset a Cisco 2960 Switch to Factory Default Settings
- – Start by connecting your cisco switch via a console cable that will be also connected to the same console.
- Step 2.- Use the following commands: Router: en. Router#erase startup-config. Router# del flash:vlan.dat.
- – Reload your cisco switch to complete the restoration.
How do I restore 2960 from Rommon mode?
- plug in switch.
- hold mode button for 15 seconds.
- boot into rommon mode.
- type ‘flash_init’
- type ‘dir flash:’
- type ‘delete flash:(filename of corrupted IOS)’
- type ‘boot’
What is Cisco default password?
The default username is cisco. The default password is cisco. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive.