How do I fix my Sony Xperia no service?
The way to fix a “No Service” issue on a Sony Xperia XZ is to follow these steps:
- Go to the Dial pad.
- Type in “*#*#4636#*#*”.
- Enter Service mode.
- Select “Device information” or “Phone information”.
- Select Run Ping test.
- Click on the Turn Radio Off button and then the Xperia XZ will restart.
- Select reboot.
How do I get network on my Sony Xperia?
Manual network selection
- From any Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > More > Mobile networks.
- Tap Service providers.
- Wait while the device searches for available networks.
- Tap Search Mode and select Manual.
- Tap on the desired network to connect.
Why is there no network coverage?
If your device is not receiving any network signal, or the signal is too weak, contact your network operator and make sure that the network has coverage where you are. Make sure you have set your device to use the network type that your SIM card supports.
How do I reset Network settings?
Alternatives to Resetting Network Settings
- Restart your device.
- Turn Airplane Mode on and off again.
- Check your internet on another device.
- Reboot your modem and router.
- Install the latest operating system and app updates.
Why does my Android phone say no service when I have service?
One of the reasons a Samsung or Android device may show “No Service” is because it’s connected to a disabled cellular radio signal. This fix isn’t quite as easy as navigating menus or holding down buttons; but it’s not rocket science, either.
How do I set APN manually?
Enter internet settings manually.
- Find and tap Settings → Network & Internet → Mobile network → Advanced → Access point names.
- Tap the plus (+) sign and enter the access point name.
- Tap Name, enter the name of the network profile you want to create, then tap OK.
- Tap APN and enter the access point name, then tap OK.