Who is the king of smooth jazz?
saxophonist Kenny G
How do you jazz up a 40-year-old jingle for a Super Bowl ad worth millions? Make it smooth. That’s why Busch Light recruited legendary saxophonist Kenny G for its 2022 Super Bowl ad, during which the the king of smooth jazz puts a new spin on an old classic.
Who is the best jazz artist today?
From 2010, her third album was something of a breakthrough, making her the first jazz artist to win the Grammy Award for Best New Artist.
- Esperanza Spalding. 79.400 suscriptores.
- Brad Mehldau – Topic. 18.1K subscribers.
- NPR Music.
- Kurt Rosenwinkel – Topic.
- Jason Moran – Topic.
- Ambrose Akinmusire – Topic.
- Marius Neset – Topic.
Who was the best jazz composer?
Edward Kennedy “Duke” Ellington, is considered by many to be the most significant of all jazz composers, with some even ranking him as America’s all-time greatest songwriter, regardless of genre.
Is smooth jazz real jazz?
Smooth jazz is a genre of commercially oriented crossover jazz and easy listening music that became dominant in the mid 1970s to the early 1990s.
Who is the most famous jazz pianist?
1. Thelonious Monk (1917-1982) American jazz pianist and composer Thelonious Monk’s unmistakable flat-fingered playing has been heavily influential to many generations of pianists. Monk was born in North Carolina, but moved to New York City as a child, where, as a teenager, he began to gig as a professional pianist.
Is Norah Jones jazz?
Norah Jones, originally Geetali Norah Jones Shankar, (born March 30, 1979, New York, New York, U.S.), American singer-songwriter and musician who rose to international stardom with her debut album Come Away with Me (2002), a fusion of jazz, pop, and country music.
Do jazz bands still exist?
There are still bands around today but, by and large, the movement had peaked as the 1980s dawned. Mick Reed reflected on changing tastes and fashions, saying: “Our band came to an end around then. “I suppose they went out of fashion because technology was changing.
Is Kenny G Black?
Grammy Award–winning saxophonist Kenny G was born Kenneth Bruce Gorelick on June 5, 1956, in Seattle, Washington. The son of Jewish parents, Kenny G grew up in Seattle’s Seward Park neighborhood, the center of the city’s Jewish community.