What string do you use for adjustable bracelets?
Instructions. Sliding knots are an easy way to make your jewelry adjustable. They work best on bracelets and necklaces made from different types of jewelry making cord such as leather or fiber. Some good choices of fiber cord are hemp, waxed cotton, or Chinese knotting cord.
How do you make an adjustable sliding knot bracelet?
Sliding Knot Instructions
- Cross both ends of cord so the left cord is in front of the right cord.
- Wrap the left cord around the right cord.
- Wrap around the right cord again, making one complete loop. Be sure to keep these loops loose while wrapping.
- Continue wrapping around the right cord.
How do you make an adjustable anklet?
Slide the knots back and forth to adjust the size of the anklet. To make the anklet smaller, simply pull the knots toward each other. If you want the anklet bigger or want to remove it, pull the knots away from each other.
How do you tie a friendship bracelet so you can take it off?
Flip the bracelet over so the bottom side of the closure is face up and tie a half-granny knot with the two tails of the Tie Cord. Snip off the tails of the Tie Cord, close to the knot, and melt the ends (or have an adult help you). Pull the knotted tails away from each other and the bracelet will close!
How do you make an adjustable waxed cord bracelet?
Follow the steps to make this one.
- Step 1: Preparing the Cord and Beading. Take the cord bundle and wrap the cord around your wrist loosely 3 times.
- Step 2: Overlap the Open Ends.
- Step 3: Form a Loop Around the Finger Tip.
- Step 4: Form the 2nd Loop and a Knot.
- Step 5: Pull the Open Ends and Form the Sliding Knot.
How do you tie an ankle bracelet?
Wrap the end of the cord around the base of the loop twice. Hold the loop firmly against the anklet string that is wrapped around your angle. Then, take the end of the cord and wrap it over the base of the loop and around the anklet string. Repeat this process to create a sturdy loop.