What is the calibrated meaning?
1 : to ascertain the caliber of (something) 2 : to determine, rectify, or mark the graduations of (something, such as a thermometer tube) 3 : to standardize (something, such as a measuring instrument) by determining the deviation from a standard so as to ascertain the proper correction factors.
What is another word for calibrated?
What is another word for calibrate?
What is an example of calibrated?
The definition of calibrate means to correct or adjust the graduations of something that measures, in comparison to a certain standard. An example of to calibrate is to move an iPhone compass into the correct position. An example of to calibrate is to set a scale at zero. verb. To make corrections in; adjust.
Is calibrated in a sentence?
Calibrated sentence example. The instrument can be calibrated by a continuous current. If these conditions are not fulfilled, the wattmeter readings, assuming the wattmeter to have been calibrated with continuous currents, may be either too high or too low when alternating currents are being used.
Why do we need to calibrate?
The primary significance of calibration is that it maintains accuracy, standardization and repeatability in measurements, assuring reliable benchmarks and results. Without regular calibration, equipment can fall out of spec, provide inaccurate measurements and threaten quality, safety and equipment longevity.
How do you calibrate your brain?
Mental Calibration: 5 Steps to Focus Better and Maintain…
- Begin Each Day with the Things that Matter Most. Life is frantic.
- Remind Yourself of Your Priorities.
- Seek Opportunities for Growth.
- Attend to the Physical.
- Surround Yourself with Focused, Confident People.
What is the opposite of calibrated?
Opposite of to check or adjust by comparison with a standard. damage. deregulate. disarrange.
Why do we need calibration?
How do you use the word calibrate?
Calibrate in a Sentence 🔉
- Since one of my tires looks a little flat, I’m going to take my car to the shop so a mechanic can calibrate the tire pressure.
- The hospital pharmacist knows how important it is to calibrate the IV medications correctly.
How do you use the word calibration?
Calibration sentence example
- The fourth (yellow), is for touchscreen calibration .
- These definitions provide a basis on which the calibration of amperemeters can be conducted.
- Careful calibration of the relative positioning and nonlinear optical distortion is required in order to do astrometry using WFC data.