What is a synonym of pressing?
acute, compelling, critical, crucial, demanding, dire, immediate, imperative, insistent, serious, vital, burning, claiming, constraining, crying, distressing, exacting, forcing, instant, obliging.
What is the word meaning of pressing?
Definition of pressing 1 : urgently important : critical a pressing issue. 2 : earnest, warm.
What is the opposite of press?
Opposite of to move or cause to move into a position of contact with something by exerting continuous physical force. pull. lift. raise. yank.
How do you use press in a sentence?
Press sentence example
- One side of her wanted to press on until she got some answers.
- Dean didn’t press the point.
- He was about to press her to make an actual vow when she sighed.
- I’m not afraid of him, just because he’s twelve feet tall and can bench press me with his toes.
- He didn’t press her to leave again.
What kind of word is pressing?
Pressing comes from the verb press, “to push against” or “to squeeze out,” and later also “to urge or argue for.”
What is the difference between press and depress?
As verbs the difference between press and depress is that press is (ambitransitive) to exert weight or force against, to act upon with with force or weight while depress is to press down.
What is press in journalism?
Definition of the press : the people (such as reporters and photographers) who work for newspapers, magazines, etc. She refused to talk to the press.
How do you use stress in a sentence?
Stress sentence example
- But I stress the word “reasonably.”
- Just don’t put stress on yourself trying to be frugal.
- I’m not allowed to stress you out, but can you, like, try?
- Mary needs an environment without stress .
- I’ve caused you so much stress – and at a time when I should have been supporting you.
How do you use emergency in a sentence?
Emergency sentence example
- I had an emergency call.
- It seemed like hours in the emergency room before the diagnosis.
- We found their emergency back-up supplies here.
- The injured may proceed immediately to the emergency station, the fed said.
- He asked for a contact phone number and gave me an emergency number to call.
What’s a pressing matter?
adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] A pressing problem, need, or issue has to be dealt with immediately.
What is opposite of press?
What does depress accelerator mean?
Depressing the accelerator pedal engages the clutch and causes an increase of forward vehicle speed. Retrieved from Wikipedia CC BY-SA 3.0. Source URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-shift gearbox. As the driver depresses the accelerator pedal, it acts on a pedal position sensor integrated in the pedal bracket.