What does name Thespina mean?
The name Thespina is girl’s name meaning “lady”. This lispy variation of Despina stems from Despoina, meaning lady in Greek.
Is Despina a Greek name?
The name Despina is primarily a female name of Greek origin that means Lady.
Is Despina an Italian name?
The name Despina is girl’s name of Greek origin meaning “lady”. Despina is best known as the clever and wily maidservant character in Mozart’s opera Così fan tutte. It is a name of Greek origin, derived from Despoina, who in Greek mythology was the daughter of Demeter and Poseidon.
What does the name Galatea mean?
white as milk
Galatea as a girl’s name is of Greek origin meaning “white as milk”. In mythology, Galatea was a statue loved by the sculptor Pygmalion. She was brought to life for him by Aphrodite.
How do you say Despina?
Despina (moon) – Despina ( di-SPEE-nə or di-SPY-nə; Latin: Despœna; Greek: Δέσποινα), also known as Neptune V, is the third-closest inner satellite of Neptune.
What does the name Desdemona mean?
In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Desdemona is: Misery. Unlucky. Famous bearer: Desdemona was the heroine of Shakespeare’s play ‘Othello’.
How is Galatea pronounced?
Galatea (moon) – Galatea ( GAL-ə-TEE-ə; Greek: Γαλάτεια), also known as Neptune VI, is the fourth-closest inner satellite of Neptune.
Is Galatea a goddess?
GALATEIA (Galatea) was one of the fifty Nereides and the goddess of calm seas. She frequented the coast of Sicily and there attracted the attention of the Kyklops (Cyclops) Polyphemos. The giant wooed her with tunes from his rustic pipes and offerings of milk and cheese.
How do you pronounce despoina?
- Phonetic spelling of Despoina. dh-ESS-p-een-aa. de-spoina.
- Synonyms for Despoina. Persephone.
- Examples of in a sentence. Sophomore Despoina Vogasari set up for day two of the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Friday morning, but fell just short of victory against No.
- Translations of Despoina. Chinese : 她还能
Is Desdemona an Italian name?
The name Desdemona is girl’s name of Greek origin meaning “ill-starred”. Desdemona is as Shakespearean as a name can be, but because the beautiful and innocent wife of Othello came to such a tragic end, her name has been avoided for centuries.
What does Desdemona’s name mean Othello?
The name derives from Greek δυσ + δαίμων, which means “ill-fated, unfortunate”, i.e. the antonym of Eudaimonia. Léone Teyssandier notes that it may indeed be how Othello views his wife, calling her an “ill-starred wench”.
How do you pronounce Larissa?
- Phonetic spelling of Larissa. l-ah-r-IH-s-s-uh. Laa-RIHS-aa.
- Meanings for Larissa. It is a Greek feminine name.
- Synonyms for Larissa. larisa.
- Examples of in a sentence. Larissa’s Children on 90 Day Fiancé: Where Are Her Kids Today?
- Translations of Larissa. Russian : лариса