What are the 5 effects of pollution?
But generally, the impact of air pollution ranges from:
- Increased risk of respiratory illness and cardiovascular problems.
- Increased risk of skin diseases.
- May increase the risk of cancer.
- Global warming.
- Acid rain.
- Ozone depletion.
- Hazards to wildlife.
What is pollution and its effects for kids?
Pollution is when gases, smoke and chemicals are introduced into the environment in large doses that makes it harmful for humans, animals and plants. Some forms of pollution can be seen, some are invisible. Our Earth has an atmosphere that’s made up of different gases.
What are the 10 effects of pollution?
Disastrous Effects of Air pollution
- Respiratory and Heart Problems. The effects of air pollution are alarming.
- Child Health Problems. Air pollution is detrimental to your health even before you take your first breath.
- Global Warming.
- Acid Rain.
- Effect on Wildlife.
- Depletion of the Ozone Layer.
What are the effects of effects of pollution?
Long-term health effects from air pollution include heart disease, lung cancer, and respiratory diseases such as emphysema. Air pollution can also cause long-term damage to people’s nerves, brain, kidneys, liver, and other organs. Some scientists suspect air pollutants cause birth defects.
What are the 3 effects of pollution?
Serious Effects of Pollution on Our Humans and Environment
- Environment Degradation. The environment is the first casualty for the increase in pollution weather in air or water.
- Human Health.
- Global Warming.
- Ozone Layer Depletion.
- Infertile Land.
What are three effects of pollution?
Effects of Air Pollution High levels of air pollution can cause an increased risk of heart attack, wheezing, coughing, and breathing problems, and irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat. Air pollution can also cause worsening of existing heart problems, asthma, and other lung complications.
What are the 6 effects of air pollution?
Air pollution is considered as the major environmental risk factor in the incidence and progression of some diseases such as asthma, lung cancer, ventricular hypertrophy, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, psychological complications, autism, retinopathy, fetal growth, and low birth weight.
What is pollution causes and effects?
Emissions of greenhouse gases contribute to climate change and ozone-depleting substances create larger holes in the ozone layer. This type of pollution also increases the acidity of rain, which causes damage to buildings, land, fresh water and sea water, wildlife and plants.
What are five effects of air pollution on humans?
It can also cause other health problems including:
- Aggravated respiratory disease such as emphysema, bronchitis and asthma.
- Lung damage, even after symptoms such as coughing or a sore throat disappear.
- Wheezing, chest pain, dry throat, headache or nausea.
- Reduced resistance to infections.
- Increased fatigue.