Is Polycom compatible with 3CX?
Supported Models: Polycom VVX 300, 310, 400, 410, 500, 600. Legacy phone support has been implemented to allow easy migration from an existing phone system to 3CX without the need to directly replace all existing IP phones. It is strongly recommended not to purposely buy these devices new or as a replacement.
How do you provision a Polycom phone on 3CX?
Go to “Phones” in the 3CX Management Console and click on “+ Add Phone”….Select the “Vendor/Model” for the device and enter its MAC address, then click “OK”.
- Set the “Provisioning Method” to “Direct SIP (Stun – Remote)”, copy the “Provisioning Link” and then click on “OK”.
- Navigate to “Settings” >> “Provisioning Server”
How do I access my Polycom phone interface?
You can access the Polycom Web Configuration Utility using any compatible web browser installed on your PC.
- Power on the phone.
- Confirm that the PC and phone are on the network.
- Enter phone’s IP address into your supported web browser.
- For Username, enter: Polycom.
- For Password, enter: 456.
What is Polycom provisioning server?
Answer: A provisioning server is a term for a server like FTP, FTPs, HTTP, HTTPs or TFTP hosting the relevant files => here <= for a Poly device to successfully be able to download configuration and provide software.
How do I connect my 3CX to my phone?
PnP Provisioning Connect the phone. It will send a multicast message, which will be picked up by 3CX. The phone will appear in the “Phones” view of the 3CX Management Console. Select and assign the new phone to an extension with “Assign Ext”, or create a new one using “Add Ext”.
Do VoIP phones need DNS?
Voice Over IP (VoIP) – VoIP service uses the Internet to make phones. DNS play an important role in running a network, and ensuring that devices such as VoIP phones work as they should. DNS correctly is important in getting the most out of your hosted PABX service. DNS is an important part of the web’s infrastructure.
How do I find my Polycom IP address?
To locate the IP address of the Polycom phone hit Menu -> Status -> Network -> TCP/IP Parameters, take note of the listed IP address.
How do I create a provisioning server for Polycom?
Please email [email protected] and we will help you.
- Step 1 – setup a TFTP server.
- Step 2 – Create config files per phone.
- Step 3 – Modify MAC_ADDRESS-web.cfg.
- Step 4 – Enter the IP address of the TFTP server as the provisioning server of the phone.
- Step 5 – reboot phone.
- Step 6 – run firmware upgrade from Polycom.
How do you provision Polycom?
1 On the phone, press Menu > Settings > Advanced and enter the phone’s password. The default is 456. 2 Choose Admin Settings > Network Configuration > Provisioning Server, and press the Select soft key.