How do you cite a speech in MLA format?
To cite a speech, lecture, or other oral presentation, cite the speaker’s name and the title of the speech (if any) in quotation marks. Follow with the title of the particular conference or meeting, the name of the organization, and the venue and its city (if the name of the city is not listed in the venue’s name).
How do you quote a presidential speech?
In order to properly cite a presidential speech, you need to know the following pieces of information:
- Speaker’s first and last name.
- Speech’s title.
- Date the speech was delivered.
- Editor’s name (if applicable)
How do you cite a famous speech in MLA?
- Provide the speaker’s name,
- Title of the speech or lecture, using quotation marks.
- If applicable – Organization/Club/Sponsor,
- The location, including the building and the city,
- Day, month, year.
How do you cite the I Have A Dream speech in MLA?
“Title of Speech.” Title of Website the speech is found on, Publisher of the Website (only include if it’s different than the name of the website), date the transcript was published, URL (remove https:// or https://). You’ll notice elements of an MLA website citation, but with additional information on the speaker.
How do you cite a TED talk in-text MLA?
To cite a TED Talk from the TED website in MLA, list the name of the speaker, the talk title, “TED: Ideas Worth Spreading,” the month and year, and the URL. In an in-text citation, you can use a timestamp to highlight a specific quote where necessary.
How do you cite Martin Luther King MLA?
- MLA. King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968. I Have a Dream; the Quotations of Martin Luther King, Jr. New York :Grosset, 1968.
- APA. King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968. ( 1968).
- Chicago. King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968. I Have a Dream; the Quotations of Martin Luther King, Jr.
How do you cite a quote from an interview in MLA?
Citing a personal interview in MLA To cite an interview that you conducted yourself, start the Works Cited entry with the name of the interviewee. Then simply describe it with the word Interview, followed by your own name and the date on which the interview took place. Gray, Alasdair.
How do you cite an online speech in MLA?
To cite an online lecture or speech, follow the MLA format template. List the name of the presenter, followed by the title of the lecture. Then list the name of the website as the title of the container, the date on which the lecture was posted, and the URL: Allende, Isabel.
How do you in-text cite an email MLA?
Last Name of Person Who Was Interviewed, First Name. “Subject Line of Email.” Received by Name of Person Who Received Email, Day Month Year of Email. Email Interview. Smith, Paula.