How do you cite a book with no page number in APA?
No Page Numbers (Internet Resources) [6.05]
- Use the author or author’s surname(s), the date of publication, paragraph number.
- If no author is given, use the title of the document or headings.
- Do not include initials or full names of the author or author’s first name(s)
Do I cite the editor or the author?
If an entire edited book with authored chapters is cited, the editor is listed as the author with the abbreviation “ed.” after his name, or “eds.” if there are more than one editor. Multiple editors are formatted the same way as authors. List first editor with the last name first, followed by a comma and “editor.”
How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA in text?
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase): (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year)
- In-Text Citation (Direct Quote): (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year, page number)
- References: Chapter Author’s Last Name, First Initial.
- In-text Citation (Paraphrase): (Murphy, 2014)
- In-text Citation (Direct Quote):
How do you reference a book that has been edited?
When citing a chapter from an edited book, the format to use here is: Chapter Author Surname and Initial(s). (Year of Publication) ‘Title of Chapter’, in Editor Surname and Initial(s), (ed[s]) Title of Book, Place of Publication, Publisher, page range.
How do you reference an author within a book?
In the citation use the name of the author of the chapter, not the editor of the book. When the author name is not mentioned in the text, the citation consists of the author’s name and the year of publication in brackets. Example: It was emphasised that citations in the text should be consistent (Jones, 2017).
Where do you put the page number when citing a book?
The Basics Page numbers are required for in-text citations when quoting, and recommended when paraphrasing: For in-text citations, the page number always appears in brackets at the end of the sentence where you used the citation. If the source has no page number, use the paragraph number or section heading instead.