How do I record with H4n Pro?
Launch your DAW, navigate to its audio settings, and select the Zoom as the primary recording device. Select the input source by pressing the Mic (the H4n Pro’s built-in microphone), 1, or 2 button on the side, and then press record within your DAW to start recording.
How do I update my zoom H4n?
Update the firmware
- With the H4n Pro powered off, connect it to a computer, go to the H4n Pro download page, and download the firmware file.
- Use the dial wheel and select STORAGE which will allow your computer to transfer the file.
What is the difference between zoom H4n and H4n Pro?
The H4n Pro is an update to the very popular H4n which was a very popular recorder. The primary update to the H4n Pro is the improved preamps resulting the overall recording quality. Additionally, the H4n Pro has a better screen, and the XLR microphone inputs are locking.
What is stamina mode on H4n?
Stamina mode will increase battery life from about 6 hours to about 11 hours. In stamina mode, the H4n operates exactly like stereo mode with several limitations: In stamina mode, the zoom cannot record in any format other than the lowest quality WAV. In stamina mode, the MODE sub-menu is locked out.
Can you use zoom H4n as audio interface?
With an efficient setup, you can use your Zoom H4n recorder as a USB mic and an audio interface! Use this feature for podcasts, Zoom calls, recording, and live-streaming performances.
How do I use my Zoom H4n as an audio interface?
Using the Zoom H4n as an Audio Interface
- Plug your H4n into your computer via USB while it is powered off.
- The unit will power itself on and show the USB menu.
- Select Frequency, and then choose your desired sampling rate.
- The H4n will return to the USB Audio I/F menu once you have selected your sampling rate.
What does MTR mode mean?
MTR mode allows playback of 4 tracks and recording of 2 tracks simultaneously. You can use it as a field recorder to record melodies and band performances on-the-fly and to capture sound effects. You can also use it as a multitrack recorder to make songs by overdubbing instru- ments and vocals.