How do I prepare my cat for reading comprehension?
7 Easy Tips for CAT [RC] Reading Comprehension
- Tip 1: Develop a good reading habit.
- Tip 2: Understand Question Types.
- Tip 3: Learn how a good teacher or a good student solves RC questions.
- Tip 4: Focus on Accuracy.
- Tip 5: Develop the right speed.
- Tip 6: Practice from the right source.
- Tip 7: Write sectional tests.
Where should I practice reading comprehension for cat?
How can I practice reading comprehension for CAT? You can pick any passage from storybooks, magazines, newspapers to understand your abilities to solve RC for CAT. Reading and solving mock test is the best way to practice reading comprehension for CAT.
How many reading comprehension questions are on the CAT exam?
Sectional Analysis of CAT 2021 Reading Comprehension
|Section Name||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)|
|Total VARC Questions||26|
|Total questions Based on Reading Comprehension passages||18|
|Type of RC Passages for CAT||2 Short RC Passage and 3 Long RC Passages|
|Type of RC Questions you will face in the exam||MCQs|
What is reading comprehension for cat?
Reading Comprehension is the most important topic in CAT 2021 exam….Register now for latest MBA Exam & Admissions Updates.
|Reading Comprehension passages for CAT||Number of questions||Type of Questions|
|Long Passage-1 – Usually moderate based on facts||6||MCQs with 1/3 Negative Marking|
How can I improve my RC?
CAT VA-RC Tips | Test-Day Strategy – 4 Things To Keep In Mind
- Accuracy Over Attempts – Always.
- Start With Verbal Ability, Then Move On To Reading Comprehension.
- Take Genuine Interest In RC Essays.
- Search For Specific Answers To Specific Questions.
- Reading Is Important, But Mock Tests Are Much More Important.
Does CAT 2020 have negative marking?
A: Yes, CAT exam has negative marking of minus one for each wrong answer. However, there is no negative marking for non-MCQs and unattempted questions.
How can I improve my cat’s RC?
To improve reading comprehension for CAT, you must go ahead the following steps:
- Step 1: Read the passage.
- Step 2: Read the first question of the RC.
- Step 3: After reading the passage, go to that part of the passage from where the question has come.
- Step 4: Use elimination technique for tough questions.
What is Varc section in CAT?
VARC stands for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. This section tests the knowledge of the English Language. The VARC CAT 2022 section is expected to be a tough section amongst the three. The level of any question asked in the CAT exam is only up to that of the 10th standard.
How many RC are there in CAT 2020?
The section is a combination of Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability with Reading Comprehension (RC) accounting for almost 67% of the total questions and marks. There were 4 RC Passages in CAT 2021 adding up to a total of 16 Questions.
What is a good reading speed for cat?
Various experts say that you need to have a minimum reading speed of around 350 words per minute (wpm) to be able to make some headway in the CAT exam.
How many attempts does a CAT have?
There is ‘no limit on the number of attempts’ for CAT examination. Moreover, in comparison to other examinations, it has the added benefit of ‘no age limit’ criteria as well.
Are all CAT questions MCQs?
The current CAT exam pattern shows that out of 100 questions, nearly 28 will be non-MCQs, with 10 questions each in both VA-RC and Quants sections, while DI-LR will have only 8 questions. The good news is that there is no negative marking in TITA Questions.