How do I fix Windows Media Player error codec?
Solution 2. Install missing codec or codec pack.
- Click on Tools menu > select Options.
- Select the Player tab in Windows Media Player.
- Check the box Download codecs automatically, and then click OK.
- Reopen the video file in Windows Media Player. If you’re prompted to install the codec, select Install.
How do I add codecs to Windows Media Player 12?
You can configure Windows Media Player to download codecs automatically. To do this, open Tools > Options and click the Player tab. Select the Download codecs automatically check box, and then click OK. You can also download and install the codecs manually.
How do I repair Windows Media Player 12?
What to Know
- To run MSDT, go to Start, enter msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic, and press Enter.
- Select Next > Apply This Fix > Close the troubleshooter.
- To run MSDT Tool in advanced mode, select Advanced and clear the Apply Repairs Automatically check box when starting MSDT.
How do I fix error 0xc00d5212?
What are the plausible methods to resolve 0xc00d5212 error?
- Open the video file in other media player.
- Install missing codec.
- Update display adapter.
- Uninstall multiple audio codecs.
- Convert the erroneous video file to another video format.
- Rectify registry.
- Perform system restore.
- Update your Windows 10 operating system.
How do you fix Windows Media Player Cannot play this file the player might not support error?
The troubleshooting tips that follow should help you fix the “Windows Media Player cannot play the file” error.
- Download Codecs Automatically.
- Install Codecs Separately.
- Set Correct Audio Device.
- Update Audio and Video Drivers.
- Update Windows 10.
- Disable/Enable WMP.
- Check Windows Registry.
- Use a Different Media Player.
Why is Media Player not working?
If Windows Media Player stopped working correctly after the latest update from Windows Update, you can verify that the update is the problem by using System Restore. To do this: Click the Start button and type system restore. Select Create a restore point, and then in the System Properties pane, select System Restore.
What does this mean 0xc00d5212?
The 0xc00d5212 error occurs specifically for an AVI file to indicate that it is corrupted. AVI files are normally encoded with audio and video codecs. However, if any of the codecs get missing or are not compatible with the AVI file, it means that the file cannot be opened or played.
Can’t play this item was encoded in a format that’s not supported 0xc00d5212?
you’ll receive the following full error message; Can’t play. This item was encoded in a format that’s not supported. The error may be caused by outdated display drivers, corrupted video codec, or corrupted system files.