What type of operating system is required for a domain controller?
It is most commonly implemented in Microsoft Windows environments (see Domain controller (Windows)), where it is the centerpiece of the Windows Active Directory service. However, non-Windows domain controllers can be established via identity management software such as Samba and Red Hat FreeIPA.
What are the minimum requirements to run an Active Directory on Windows Server 2012 R2?
The stated Windows Server 2012 R2 requirements include a single 1.4 GHz, 64-bit processor core, 512 MB of RAM, a 32 GB disk partition and a standard Ethernet (10/100 Mbps or faster) network connection. The server will also require access to an optical drive, along with access to a keyboard, video and mouse.
What are the prerequisites for installing a domain controller?
How to setup a domain controller?
- Step 1: Install Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) Log into your Active Directory Server with administrative credentials.
- Step 2: Promote the server into a domain controller. Once the ADDS role is installed in this server, you will see a notification flag next to the Manage menu.
How do I create a domain controller certificate?
- Open the CA console (i.e. certsrv.msc )
- In the console tree, click the name of the CA.
- In the details pane, double-click Certificate Templates.
- In the console tree, right-click Certificate Templates , click New , and then click Certificate Template To Issue.
What are the requirements to configure a server?
The minimum hardware requirements for the installation of Network Server Suite are as follows:
- Enterprise Server Install: Minimum 4GB available disk space, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended),
- Minimum 1.4 GHz Processor Speed (2.0 GHz or faster recommended)
- Enterprise Client Install: minimum 1GB available disk space.
What are the limitations of domain controller?
What are the limitations of domain controllers?
- Single point of failure for network domain control.
- Because they control access to the entire network, domain controllers are a target for cyber attack.
- Networks that use domain controllers for authentication and access security are dependent on them.