What should my 3 hour glucose test results be?
Two hours after drinking the glucose solution, a normal blood glucose level is lower than 155 mg/dL (8.6 mmol/L). Three hours after drinking the glucose solution, a normal blood glucose level is lower than 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L).
What is the 3 hour glucose tolerance test in pregnancy?
3-Hour Glucose Tolerance Test. This test is done to evaluate how your body is processing sugar and to determine if you have developed Gestational Diabetes (Diabetes of Pregnancy). The test requires a total of four blood draws.
How do you read a 3 hour glucose tolerance test?
Abnormal blood values for a 3-hour 100-gram oral glucose tolerance test are:
- Fasting: greater than 95 mg/dL (5.3 mmol/L)
- 1 hour: greater than 180 mg/dL (10.0 mmol/L)
- 2 hour: greater than 155 mg/dL (8.6 mmol/L)
- 3 hour: greater than 140 mg/dL (7.8 mmol/L)
How many tubes of blood are drawn on a 3 hour glucose tolerance test?
Instructions for 3 Hour Glucose Tolerance Test The test requires a total of 4 blood draws. The first blood test is done fasting, which means nothing to eat or drink (except water) for 8-12 hours prior to the initial blood draw.
What happens if I fail my 3 hour glucose test?
If a patient has two or more abnormal values during the three-hour test, then the test overall is considered abnormal. Your doctor will likely diagnose you with gestational diabetes if you fail the three-hour test.
Can you drink water during a 3 hour glucose tolerance test?
You may drink plain water ONLY. Do NOT drink coffee, tea, soda (regular or diet) or any other beverages. Do NOT smoke, chew gum (regular or sugar-free) or exercise.
Can I drink water before 3 hour gestational diabetes test?
YOU MUST BE FASTING for this test. DO NOT eat or drink anything except WATER for at least 8 hours before the test. You may drink plain water ONLY. Do NOT drink coffee, tea, soda (regular or diet) or any other beverages.
Can I drink water before 3-hour gestational diabetes test?
What happens if I fail my 3-hour glucose test?
What happens when you fail 3 hour glucose test?
How to pass your three hour glucose test?
– Avoid high-sugar food hours or days before your scheduled test. Cut back on simple, refined carbohydrates such as pasta, pizza, sweet pastries, white rice, and cereals. – Opt for complex, healthy carbohydrates. These include whole grains, whole wheat bread, and fresh fruits. – Do not drink anything other than water prior to the test.
What is a 3 hour glucose challenge test?
The 3-hour glucose tolerance test is used during pregnancy to rule out or diagnose gestational diabetes in what’s called the “2-step” approach. ACOG supports the “2-step” approach to diagnosing diabetes in pregnancy. Step 1: 24 – 28 week 1 hour venous glucose measurement following 50g oral glucose solution (1 hour GCT)
What is the normal range of glucose tolerance test?
– Fasting glucose level less than 90 mg/dL – One-hour glucose level less than 130 to 140 mg/dL – Two-hour glucose level less than 120 mg/dL
How to pass the 3 hour glucose test while pregnant?
At least 2 servings of vegetables per day