What should I include in my maid of honor speech?
Tell a story…
- Introduce yourself – Tell people who you are and your relationship with the bride.
- Start with the bride – Talk about why she’s a good person and friend.
- Share the love story – Share your version of how they met.
- Compliment the groom – Say some nice things about the groom.
Is 2 minutes too short for a maid of honor speech?
Aim for 2-3 minutes, and it shouldn’t be longer than five minutes maximum. Very often there will be speeches from the best man, family members, or other members of the bridal party, so the maid of honor isn’t responsible for filling up the whole time. Keep it short and sweet!
How do you start a maid of honor speech?
Maid of Honor Speech Template
- Start with the bride; end with the couple.
- Pepper in anecdotes.
- End with a positive outlook.
- Ditch generic praise.
- Remember it isn’t about you.
- Do not mention exes.
- Keep it short.
How long should a maid of honor speech last?
between two to three minutes
Aim to make your maid of honor toast between two to three minutes, and try to avoid exceeding five minutes total. Wedding guests will be excited to hear your well-wishes and funny stories, but a long MOH speech can lose the interest of a crowd (especially if it’s full of too many personal inside jokes).
How do you end a maid of honor speech?
Commonly used phrases for the maid of honor speech ending include:
- Please raise your glasses in honor of Bride and Groom.
- Join me in honoring the marriage of Bride and Groom!
- With love and happiness, here’s to you, Bride and Groom!
- Cheers to the happy newlyweds!
Do maid of honor walk alone?
The Maid or Matron of Honor: The maid or matron of honor will walk alone after other members of the bridal party. The Flower Girl(s) and/or Ring Bearer(s): The children chosen will walk down the aisle one after the other. They can sit with their parents once they are done.
How do you end a bridesmaid speech?
Who speaks first maid of honor or best man?
the best man
The first toast is customarily made by the best man. It’s fine for this to be the only one offered, though other people will probably want to express their happiness for the newlyweds. After the best man, the maid of honor may offer a toast, too.
How long do wedding speeches last?
three to five minutes
While many experts will tell you to keep your talk to 3 minutes or less, Chertoff says the best wedding speeches usually last three to five minutes. Gottsman agrees, saying “The perfect speech lasts around 5 minutes, give or take a minute or two.”