What is the best business news source in Canada?
Top 10 Canadian Digital Outlets
- www.bloomberg.com/canada. Bloomberg delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world, featuring stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News.
What sites can go to research specific law cases in Canada?
Canadian Case Law Databases
- CanLII (Canadian Legal Information Institute) Free internet access to Canadian legislation & case law via uniform search interface; Scope of Databases.
- [Lexis] Lexis Advance Quicklaw.
- [Lexis] Lexis Advance Quicklaw Plus.
What are some ridiculous laws in Canada?
Top 10 Weird Canadian Laws
- It’s Forbidden to Pay in Coins.
- It’s Illegal to Drag a Dead Horse Along the Street.
- It’s Illegal to Remove a Bandage in Public.
- It’s Not Allowed To Carry a Snake in Public.
- It’s Unacceptable to Hold Too Many Sales.
- It’s Illegal To Accidentally Scare a Child to Death.
- It’s Forbidden To Pick Trillium.
What is Canada biggest news network?
CBC NEWS NETWORK is Canada’s most trusted 24-hour news channel. For 30 years, our award-winning journalists have brought audiences the biggest stories from across Canada and around the world.
Is Narcity a reliable news source?
Accuracy. Narcity Media is committed to providing our readers with accurate information about their communities. Journalists must always ensure the accuracy of content published on their website to the best of their ability. Our editorial team works quickly and our content reflects that speed.
How do I access case law in Canada?
For those without access to Lexis and Westlaw, the Canadian Legal Information Institute (CanLII) provides free online access to provincial case law, as do some provincial court websites.
Can Li connects?
CanLII Connects was created to make it faster and easier for legal professionals and the public to access high-quality legal commentary on Canadian court decisions.
What are the legal issues in starting a business?
The Legal Aspects of Opening a Business
- 1 – The legal structure of your business.
- 2 – Trademark.
- 3 – Licenses.
- 4 – Zoning laws.
- 5 – Relevant health and safety laws.
- 6 – Insurance.
- 7 – Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
What are the legal issues in business?
Seven Legal Issues Small Businesses Face
- Licensing. Licensing is one of the most common legal issues small businesses encounter.
- Trademarks. Trademarks are another surprisingly common legal issue faced by small businesses.
- Employee Termination.
- Shareholders’ Agreement.
- Overtime Disputes.
Why can’t you paint your door purple in Canada?
8In Kanata, the colours of homes and garage doors are regulated by city by-laws where if you paint your exterior doors purple, you will get fined. Although, no matter how much you decorate your favourite purple door, you should get fined anyway.