What is assembly drawing with examples?
A drawing which displays the parts of a machine or a machine unit assembled in their relative working positions is known as assembly drawing.
What are the 6 types of assembly drawings?
- General assembly drawings, showing an overall assembly.
- Outline assembly drawings, showing the exterior shape.
- Diagrammatic assembly drawings, representing the assembly with the use of symbols.
- Unit assembly or sub-assembly drawings, showing in more detail a part of the overall assembly.
How do I make an assembly drawing?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly. (Standard toolbar or New. flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
What is an Assembly working drawing?
Production or working drawings are specialized engineering drawings that provide information required to make the part or assembly of the final design.
What are the 7 types of assembly drawing?
Terms in this set (7)
- Design assembly drawings. Show relationships between components.
- General assembly drawing. Most common type of assembly drawing.
- Detail assembly drawing.
- Erection assembly drawing.
- Subassembly drawing.
- Pictorial assembly drawing.
- Exploded pictorial assembly.
What is the requirements of assembly drawing?
Assembly Drawings must have a number of views to show how parts fit together. Section views to show how parts fit and to eliminate hidden detail. Dimensions to indicate range of motion or overall size of assembly for reference purposes. Individual components identified with balloons and leader lines.
What are the features of assembly drawing?
What makes a good assembly drawing?
Assembly Drawings must provide sufficient information to enable the assembly of a component. Assembly Drawings must have a number of views to show how parts fit together. Section views to show how parts fit and to eliminate hidden detail.
What are the three types of assembly drawing?
What is the importance of assembly drawing?
The purpose of an assembly drawings is item identification, labeling the sequence for assembly and sometimes to even mention standard requirements. These drawings also show orthogonal plans, sections, elevations, weight, mass, Bill of Materials(BOM) etc.
What are two types of assembly drawings?
Assembly drawings are usually drawn in one of two forms: exploded pictorial view or 2-D sectioned view. Two common elements of assembly drawings are identification balloons and parts lists.