What equipment do I need as a podcast guest?
Podcast Equipment Recommendations For Guests
- A Computer. Duh.
- A Reliable Internet Connection. Today, many podcast hosts interview individuals via programs such as Skype or GoToMeeting.
- A Microphone. For the best sound quality possible, it is a good idea to have a microphone.
What equipment do most podcasters use?
A Complete List of Podcast Equipment for Beginners
- An XLR or USB microphone.
- Pop filter or windscreen.
- Microphone stand.
- Acoustic treatments.
- Recording and editing software.
- Podcast hosting provider.
What is the fluffy thing on a microphone called?
The fuzzy thing is called a windscreen, and I do recommend buying one for your mic because it helps reduce pressure as well as any popping or wind noise that may occur while recording.
What equipment do you need for a 3 person podcast?
So to review you will need: Microphone (for each person) XLR Cable (for each person) USB Interface or Mixer (w/ USB in/out)…
- Microphone Stand (here are the best tabletop mic stands)
- Shock Mount.
- Windscreen or Pop Filter.
- Studio Headphones.
Do I need a computer for a podcast?
Regardless of your platform, the computer you already use might be the best computer you need for podcasting and audio production. Audio isn’t super demanding, after all.
Do you need a podcast mixer?
You don’t NEED a mixer to podcast, but getting one can improve your sound quality, increase your flexibility, and save you time! You don’t need a mixer to podcast, but there are reason to want one!
What cameras do podcasters use?
The Best Video Cameras for Podcasting
- Sony HDR-CX405/B. Up first, we want to recommend a pick that will be easy for those starting a podcast from scratch.
- Nikon D3500.
- Canon VIXIA HF R800.
- Sony Alpha a6000.
- Nikon COOLPIX B500.
- SOSUN HD 1080p.
- Canon XC15.
- Kicteck Full HD 1080p.
What does a Mudder do microphone?
The fuzzy thing on microphones that you often see on movie and television sets is a windscreen or windshield. The design reduces or eliminates the wind noise or thumping blasts caused by the wind hitting the microphone.
Can I start a podcast with my phone?
You absolutely can start podcasting with a smartphone. Every smartphone has a built-in microphone, so all you need is a simple recording app. You can even go with something podcast-specific such as Anchor or Spreaker which let you create episodes and upload right from your phone. It really couldn’t be easier!
What equipment do you need to setup a podcast?
Essential Podcast Recording Equipment
- Computer. The first, most obvious piece of podcasting equipment that you’ll need is your computer.
- Shock Mount.
- Headphone Amplifier.
- Audio Interface.