What are some decimal word problems?
Word Problems on Decimals
- The product of two numbers is 42.63. If one number is 2.1, find the other. Solution: Product of two numbers = 42.63.
- John bought 9.25m of cloth for $425.50. Find the cost price per metre. Solution: Cloth bought by John = 9.25 m.
- One kg Basmati rice costs $ 43.75. Find the cost of 17 kg of rice.
How do you write decimals in words?
How do you write a decimal number in word form?
- To write a decimal in word form, follow these steps:
- Let’s try it with 2.37.
- First, write the whole-number part.
- Write “and” for the decimal point.
- Next, write the word form of the digits in the decimal part.
- Finally, end with the place value of the last digit.
How do you solve word problems?
A proven step-by-step method for solving word problems is actually quite simple.
- Read the problem out loud to yourself.
- Draw a Picture.
- Think “What do I need to find?”
- List what is given.
- Find the key words.
- Check your work.
How do you add fractions examples?
For example: Add the fractions: 5/6 and 7/6. Since the denominators are same, therefore we can add the numerators directly. Hence, the sum of ⅚ and 7/6 is 2.
What are the 4 step in solving word problems?
Polya created his famous four-step process for problem solving, which is used all over to aid people in problem solving:
- Step 1: Understand the problem.
- Step 2: Devise a plan (translate).
- Step 3: Carry out the plan (solve).
- Step 4: Look back (check and interpret).
How do you write a fraction as a decimal?
To convert a fraction to a decimal, we divide the numerator by the denominator. If we have a mixed number, the whole number stays to the left of the decimal.