How do you scale down in SketchUp?
Stretching or squishing geometry to scale
- With the Select tool ( ), select the geometry you want to scale.
- Select the Scale tool ( ) or press the S key.
- Click an edge or face grip (not a corner grip).
- Move the cursor to scale the entity.
- Click to set your selection’s new scale.
Can you scale a component in SketchUp?
You can use the Scale tool or the Measurement tool to resize anything in Sketchup. Both tools can resize components while keeping its proportions intact.
How do you scale down for a model?
Scale the dimensions down to model size. This is accomplished by dividing the length by a consistent number. For example, achieving a model that is 1/30th the size of the original requires dividing all original measurements by 30.
How do I reduce the size of a component in SketchUp?
You can also reduce the file size within the Sketchup Web App. With the app open, click on the “components” icon in the righthand toolbar to open the “components” tab. There is a button at the top of the tab with a recycling icon on it. Click on this button to purge any unused components in your model.
How do you scale a dynamic component in SketchUp?
PRO This is a Pro only feature.
- Context-click on the component.
- Select the Dynamic Components > Component Attributes menu item.
- Click the + button next to the component’s name.
- Click on the add attribute button in the last row of the attributes list.
- Click on the Scale tool attribute in the list.
How do you scale a plan up or down?
Drawings can be scaled up or down using either a calculator or a scale rule. To scale a drawing using a calculator: divide the measurement by the scale if you want to reduce the drawing in size, or. multiply the measurement by the scale if you want to increase it in size.
How do I change the scale of materials in SketchUp?
Follow these steps to move, scale, rotate, or skew your texture:
- With the Select tool, click the face with the texture you want to edit.
- Choose Edit→Face→Texture→Position. This enables (deep breath) the Move/Scale/Rotate/Shear/Distort Texture mode.
- Edit your texture.
Why is my SketchUp file so big?
This is normal because this application will consume a lot of capacity on the computer. SketchUp can be slow, heavy and impede performance.
Where is the scale tool in SketchUp?
Once you’ve made your selection, you can either click on the scale tool icon or type in an ‘S’ keyboard shortcut, which activates the tool. The SketchUp resize object function lets you scale an object very precisely.
How do I remove a dynamic component in SketchUp?
After you have programmed the Dynamic Sketchup functions, to remove the Dynamic property, it is usually only possible to manually delete it in the Component Attribute table. If the file has many objects and properties, it will take a long time to delete.