How do you get around Hollywood without a car?
After doing it for a few months and learning a lot, here are my suggestions for getting around Los Angeles without a car!
- Try the bus: It’s better than you think.
- The Metro (Light Rail / Subway)
- Dockless electric scooters.
- Biking / bike-sharing.
- Uber / Lyft ride-sharing.
Is Palm Springs close to Hollywood?
Yes, the driving distance between Palm Springs to Hollywood Hills is 116 miles.
What is there to do between LA and Palm Springs?
Best Los Angeles to Palm Springs Drive Stops to Make
- Los Angeles.
- The Richard Nixon Library & Museum.
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandhir Hindu Temple.
- California Citrus State Historic Park.
- Historic Mission Inn Hotel & Spa.
- UC Riverside Botanic Gardens.
- Oak Glen Preserve.
- Morongo Casino Resort & SPA.
How long is the ride from LA to Palm Springs?
Driving 107 miles (172 kilometers) between L.A. and Palm Springs typically takes a little over 90 minutes, unless you’re traveling from the beach cities, which can add on another 30 minutes.
What area is best to stay in LA?
The 13 Best Neighborhoods in Los Angeles for Tourists
- Hollywood. Hollywood is a great place to stay for first-time visitors to Los Angeles – and especially good if you don’t plan on renting a car.
- West Hollywood.
- Beverly Hills.
- Venice Beach.
- Santa Monica.
- Miracle Mile (Central LA)
What is halfway between Palm Springs and LA?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA is Pachappa, California.
Where do you stop on the way to Palm Springs?
The Best Road Trip Stops Between L.A. and Palm Springs
- Cabazon Dinosaurs. The two 100 ton-plus dinos seen on the side of the 10 freeway were envisioned and built by Knott’s Berry Farm sculptor Claude Bell, hoping to attract drivers to his roadside diner.
- Wind Turbines.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.
Is downtown Palm Springs walkable?
Downtown Palm Springs is walkable, bikeable, and the best area to stay for first time visitors.
What is Palm Springs known for?
A popular resort city for many years, Palm Springs is known for its natural hot springs, hotels, restaurants, golf courses, and sunny weather. It’s been a favorite destination for Hollywood stars since the 1930s, and many celebrities maintain homes in the Palm Springs area.
Where can I find celebrities in LA?
15 best places to spot celebrities in Los Angeles
- TCL Chinese Theatre. Plan your arrival to LA at the right time and you could be witnessing the stars waltzing down the red carpet of a film premiere.
- Erewhon Market. Move over, Whole Foods.
- Dolby Theatre.
- The Grove.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- TMZ Tour.
- Soho House.
- Warner Bros.