How do I unlock my IBM ThinkPad password?
Unlike the power-on password, you cannot reset or recover the supervisor password simply by removing and reinserting the battery. In fact, both IBM and Lenovo suggest that the only way to reset a supervisor password on a ThinkPad is to replace the motherboard – and that’s expensive.
What is Lenovo BIOS password?
Supervisor password (BIOS password) The supervisor password protects the system information stored in the ThinkPad Setup program. If you have set a supervisor password, no one can change the configuration of the computer without the password.
How do I reset my BIOS password IBM ThinkPad?
If both the power-on password and the supervisor password are set, do the following to remove the passwords:
- Press and hold F1 to power on the computer.
- Enter the supervisor password.
- Click the Password icon.
- Click the Power on icon.
- Enter the supervisor password and press the Space bar.
- Press Enter twice.
What is the administrator password for Lenovo ThinkPad?
Hello, the default admin password is *blank* so you can hit enter to access the Administrator section of Device Settings.
How do you reset the BIOS password?
Reset BIOS Password
- Enter the BIOS password (case sensitive).
- Press F7 for Advanced Mode.
- Select the ‘Security’ tab and ‘Setup Administrator Password’.
- Enter and confirm your new password, or leave this blank.
- Select the ‘Save & Exit’ tab.
- Select ‘Save Changes and Exit’, then confirm when prompted.
How do you unlock a BIOS on a laptop?
You can attempt to get a 5 to 8 character code from the computer, which may be used to clear the BIOS password. As the computer is booting, press F1 , F2 , or Del key to enter BIOS setup.
Is Admin password same as BIOS password?
Setup password: The computer will prompt for this password only when you are trying to access the BIOS Setup Utility. This password is also called “Admin password” or “Supervisor password” which is used to prevent others from changing your BIOS settings.