How do I fix my HP printer not scanning?
How to fix HP scanner not working
- Check the connection issue.
- Enable Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service and associated services.
- Update your scanner driver.
- Troubleshoot hardware problems.
- Run System File Checker.
How do I fix my HP Deskjet scanner?
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. Mac: Use Diagnose & Fix through HP Smart.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer. If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- Click Fix Scanning.
Why is my printer working but not scanning?
Check for a Firewall setting on your computer. If a Firewall on your computer is active, it may be rejecting the necessary network connection needed for the network scanning software to operate properly. Disable the Firewall on your computer and try the network scanning again.
What to do if scanner is not working?
First check your connection to the scanner and computer: Make sure your scanner’s AC adapter is securely connected to the scanner and a working electrical outlet. Make sure the interface cable is securely connected to the scanner and your computer, and that the cable is not damaged or crimped.
How do I fix scanning problems?
General troubleshooting tasks
- Verify that the scanner works by scanning in another application.
- Scan using Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) instead of TWAIN (Windows XP only).
- Install the latest scanner driver.
- Restart your computer with startup items disabled.
- Rescan the image using a different color mode.
Why is my HP scanner not connecting to my computer?
Resolve scan connection issues by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel. Under Programs or Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program to open the list of installed programs.
How do I activate the scanner on my HP printer?
Enable scanning to a computer (Windows)
- Open the HP Printer Assistant. Windows 10: From the Start menu, click All Apps, click HP, and then select the printer name.
- Go to the Scan section.
- Select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable.
How do I fix HP Scan to email?
Go to your account settings, search for authentication, SMTP, or security, and then follow the on-screen instructions to set-up access for the scan to email feature.