How do I change the legend style in Excel?
Click the chart, and then click the Chart Design tab. Click Add Chart Element > Legend. To change the position of the legend, choose Right, Top, Left, or Bottom. To change the format of the legend, click More Legend Options, and then make the format changes that you want.
How do you show the legend in an Excel table?
Add a chart legend
- Click the chart.
- Click Chart Elements. next to the table.
- Select the Legend check box. The chart now has a visible legend.
How do I create a custom legend in Excel?
On the Design tab, in the Data group, click Select Data. In the Select Data Source dialog box, in the Legend Entries (Series) box, select the legend entry that you want to change. Click Edit. Tip: To add a new legend entry, click Add, or to remove a legend entry, click Remove.
What is a legend on a data table?
Legend. The legend identifies the visual elements used to distinguish different groups of data on the graph. The legend helps you evaluate the effects of grouping. For example, the legend in the preceding graph shows the attributes of the symbols and connect lines used to represent the Control and Education groups.
How do I change legend labels in Excel?
- Select your chart in Excel, and click Design > Select Data.
- Click on the legend name you want to change in the Select Data Source dialog box, and click Edit.
- Type a legend name into the Series name text box, and click OK.
How do I change axis labels in Excel?
Right-click the category labels you want to change, and click Select Data.
- In the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels box, click Edit.
- In the Axis label range box, enter the labels you want to use, separated by commas.
What are Excel legend entries?
Legends are a small visual representation of the chart’s data series to understand each data series without any sort of confusion. Legends are directly linked to the chart data range and change accordingly. In simple terms, if the data includes many colored visuals, legends show what each visual label means.
Can a table have a legend?
Table legends (also called “table titles”) will almost always be quite short and be placed above the table. Any detailed information is given below the table, in the footnote.
How do I change the legend in Excel 2016?
Under Chart Tools, on the Design tab, in the Data group, click Select Data. In the Select Data Source dialog box, in the Legend Entries (Series) box, click the data series that you want to change the order of. Click the Move Up or Move Down arrows to move the data series to the position that you want.
How do you show the legend value in Excel pie chart?
To display percentage values in the legend of a pie chart
- On the design surface, right-click on the pie chart and select Series Properties. The Series Properties dialog box displays.
- In Legend, type #PERCENT for the Custom legend text property.