Can you create a surface from 3D polylines?
Occasionally, when you are creating a surface in Civil 3D, you may only have polyline contours that are elevated to create your surface from. This can be from a DGN file or a shape file that contained contours or any other elevated polyline contours in a file.
How do you flatten a 3D polyline in Autocad?
Use the FLATTEN command to change the Z values of all lines, arcs, and polylines to 0.
- Turn off or freeze any hatch layers with hatch patterns so they are not included in the selection.
- Type FLATTEN at the command line.
- Select all objects and press the Enter key.
- Type N for No when prompted to remove hidden lines.
How do I change a 3D solid to a surface in Autocad?
To Convert a Solid Into a NURBS Surface
- Click Surface tab Control Vertices panel Convert to NURBS. Find.
- Select a 3D solid object and press Enter. The object is converted into multiple NURBS surfaces (each face becomes a separate surface.)
How do you move a polyline to a surface in Civil 3D?
To project a 2D line, polyline or feature line to the surface:
- In the command line, type FEATUREELEVSFROMSURF command.
- Select the surface to which the object will be projected.
- Select the desired object(s).
How do I convert lines to surface in Autocad?
To Convert Objects to Procedural Surfaces
- Click Modeling tab > Surface panel > Convert to Surface.
- Select the objects you want to convert and press Enter. You can convert 2D solids, meshes, regions, planar 3D faces, and polylines, lines, and arcs with thickness.
How do you turn contours into a surface?
You can add contour data to an existing TIN surface. For best results, add the contour data in a single operation. In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
How do I convert a 3D polyline to a 2D polyline in AutoCAD?
To Convert 3D Polylines to 2D
- Click Modify tab Design panel Convert 3D To 2D Polylines Find.
- Select the polyline(s) to convert. Press Enter.
How do you make a 3D solid into a surface?
To convert a single surface to a 3D solid in AutoCAD follow these steps:
- Enter THICKEN on the command line.
- Select the surface.
- Enter a thickness value for the selected surface on the command line.
- When prompted, choose whether to erase the defining surface or not.
How do I turn a solid into a polyline in AutoCAD?
Make the 2D lines, polylines, splines, and arcs into a single polyline:
- Click on the ‘Home’ tab and go to the ‘Modify’ panel.
- On the command line type M for ‘Multiple’ then select the polyline, spline, line, or arc to to be joined together and press ‘Enter’.
How do you convert polyline to contour?
Create a surface, open the definition tab, add the polylines (that have valid elevations) to the surface as Contour data. Note that contour data alone is not a preferred way to define a surface as breakline, point data and boundaries are absent and likely played a role in creating those polylines you call contours.
How do you convert contours to surface in Civil 3D?
How do I draw a surface with 3D polylines?
Draw another 3D pline connecting to each endpoint of all the others to form a close boundary, or just draw a rectangle or something floating and make that the surface outer boundary. Then add the 3D polylines as entities to your surface. Try Civil 3D. This would be a breeze.
How to make surface from overlapped lines in AutoCAD?
There are 5 overlapped lines so you can’t make surface out of it. To fix it, EXPLODE, then OVERKILL, then PEDIT and rejoin the lines to polyline. Now you can CONVTOSURFACE. Modeling Operation Error: Error Code Number is 102007 Failed to perform blend. Failure while chamfering. 1
How do I make a 3D ruled surface?
You can loft all of them together and change the type to ruled (smooth is the default) by clicking the triangle grip before exiting the command. Draw another 3D pline connecting to each endpoint of all the others to form a close boundary, or just draw a rectangle or something floating and make that the surface outer boundary.
How to fix overlapped lines in a polyline?
Go to Solution. 03-30-2015 09:46 PM 03-30-2015 09:46 PM There are 5 overlapped lines so you can’t make surface out of it. To fix it, EXPLODE, then OVERKILL, then PEDIT and rejoin the lines to polyline.